New Milford

Leah Lazer of New Milford has enrolled at Tufts University in Medford/Somersville, Mass.

Approximately 80 percent of Tufts students study in the School of Arts & Sciences, while the remaining 20 percent are enrolled in the School of Engineering.

Washington

Chaoyang Liu, a member of the Class of 2011 at The Gunnery, a private school in Washington, has been named a Commended Student in the 2011 National Merit Scholarship program.

The Knights of Columbus Shepaug Council 14318, located in Washington Depot, awarded scholarships to graduating high school seniors John Shusdock and John McClusky.

The scholarships were awarded based on academic performance, community involvement and parish involvement.