DANBURY — A city man pleaded not guilty to one felony and two misdemeanor charges brought against him for allegedly attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in her Bethel home earlier this year.

Daniel Davie, 26, is charged with first- and fourth-degree sexual assault, as well as third-degree assault, for an incident that allegedly occurred back in April.

First-degree sexual assault is a class B felony, while fourth-degree sexual assault and third-degree assault are class A misdemeanors.

Davie — who was originally charged with fourth-degree sexual assault, third-degree assault and disorderly conduct — turned himself in to police back in July on a warrant stemming from a months’ long police investigation.

Bethel police launched the investigation April 28, after receiving a complaint from a woman who alleged that Davie had sexually assaulted her 13 days prior.

The woman told police she invited Davie to her home that day, and when he asked if he could pay her to get naked or have sex with him, she said no.

After the victim went into the kitchen, Davie came up behind her, grabbed her neck and pushed her down over a table, according to the affidavit.

The document states the woman told police she hit her mouth on a bowl or container on the table, and Davie grabbed her from behind and tried to pull her shorts down.

After being choked and groped she was scared to the point that she started to dry heave, the woman told police.

According to the affidavit, Davie told the victim he wasn’t going to hurt her, to which she replied that what he was doing was “not fine.”

The woman managed to move away and went into the main living area, where she said she started gathering Davie’s wallet and keys from a box near the entrance, the affidavit states.

She said she found a knife among his belongings — something he doesn’t “routinely carry,” so she took it and threw it into her couch, according to the affidavit.

The woman told police she told Davie to leave, and he started to go but then turned back to her and grabbed her by the neck again and pushed her against a wall.

She told Davie she didn’t want to be anything but friends with him, and he let go of her and left after her dog started barking, according to the affidavit.

The victim shared text messages from Davie with police that indicated something had occurred between them on April 15 and in which he apologized several times.

When police spoke with Davie, he initially “denied being forceful and aggressive” with the victim and denied touching her under her clothes, according to the affidavit.

By the end of the interview, police said Davie admitted to “groping her,” but maintained that “all touching was over the clothes.”

Police concluded there was probable cause to believe he had “used force to compel the female victim into submitting unwanted sexual contact.”

“A reasonable person would have known, and Davie should have known, that this level of force and compulsion amounted to an absence of consent,” the affidavit states. “Further, Davie and the victim’s statement agree on most baseline facts, and Davie’s frantic text messages admitting to committing some act that ‘cross your (the victim’s) line’ show that Davie knew his actions were unwanted.”

Police also concluded that Davie’s statement referencing the victim as being “hesitant” and himself as “pushy” indicate “a lack of consent by the female victim,” according to the affidavit.

Davie is out on $25,000 professional surety bond and has a Sept. 26 pre-trial hearing scheduled at state Superior Court in Danbury.

He is being represented by a public defender, according to court documents.