New York man faces 18 years for Bridgewater home invasion
A New York man is facing nearly two decades in prison after being arrested in connection with an August 2016 home invasion in Bridgewater in which a homeowner was shot and wounded.
Dustin Holst-Grubbe, 21, of Millerton, N.Y., pleaded guilty to the Bridgewater home invasion, first-degree assault, third-degree larceny, and, as part of a separate case out of Waterbury, first-degree criminal trespassing last week in state Superior Court in Torrington.
He could receive 25 years in prison, suspended after 18 years, with five years probation when he is sentenced on Dec. 15.
Holst-Grubbe was charged in January with home invasion, assault of an elderly person, first-degree assault with a deadly weapon, stealing a firearm, first- and third-degree burglary, second- and third-degree larceny and incident at 606 Main St. South. One of the two victims sustained a gunshot wound.
Holst-Grubbe was charged with engaging police in pursuit, reckless driving, failure to obey traffic control signals and failure to drive on the right in connection with two high-speed police chases in New Milford, according to court records.
The vehicle involved in those chases was found at the scene of the Bridgewater home invasion, according to an affidavit. Holst-Grubbe later told police he was driving the vehicle and fled because he had drugs in a stolen car.
Holst-Grubbe was suspected of robbing and damaging a Waterbury home in the case that led to the criminal trespassing charge, according to an affidavit. He told a Waterbury man he wanted to get treatment for an addiction to cocaine.
The charges in the New Milford case are to be dispensed with as part of sentencing, according to Assistant Clerk Bob Stearns.
Reach Ben Lambert at william.lambert@hearstmed iact.com.