NEW MILFORD — A 24-year-old town resident was charged this week in the death of a man who overdosed on heroin last month, police said.

Jessica Tamburri, of Sterling Drive, was arrested Wednesday and charged with sale of a narcotic substance and accessory criminal liability. She was arraigned Thursday in state Superior Court in Bantam and is being held at York Correctional Institute in lieu of $100,000 bond. Her next court date is Oct. 27 in state Superior Court in Litchfield. She has not yet entered a plea.

The investigation began Sept. 24 when Robin Thibodeau, 27, of Town View Drive, New Milford, was found dead in his home from a heroin overdose, according to court documents. He had been released three days earlier from a drug rehabilitation center, court documents state.

Thibodeau’s phone, found in his bedroom, had text messages between him and Tamburri from the morning of Sept. 23. The texts revealed the two planned to meet that night and Tamburri was going to bring 10 heroin packets — nine for Thibodeau and one for her use — according to court documents.

Tamburri admitted to detectives she facilitated Thibodeau’s purchase of heroin on Sept. 23, according to court documents. The two met at McDonald’s at 48 Danbury Road and exchanged the heroin for money, court records state. Tamburri told investigators the heroin she delivered to Thibodeau was stamped “TRY ME,” the same stamp found on heroin wax folds in Thibodeau’s bedroom, police said.

On the same day Tamburri is accused of the heroin deal, police raided a Park Lane Road home where Hector Dejesus was arrested on drug charges.

New Milford police and the Statewide Narcotics Task Force found a significant amount of heroin, along with digital scales, packaging material and several hundred unused wax folds used to package heroin for street-level distribution, according to New Milford Police Chief Shawn Boyne.

Dejesus was released on $50,000 bond following his arraignment in state Superior Court in Bantam. His next court date is Oct. 27 in state Superior Court in Litchfield to enter a plea.

Lt. Larry Ash, New Milford Police public information officer, said although the incidents occurred on the same day, the cases were not related.