The New Milford Historical Society & Museum will hold a holiday open house Dec. 8 from noon to 3 p.m.

The trustees and curator will be present to guide the visitors throughout the museum including the Main Gallery built in 1963, the historic Knapp House, built in 1815, and the Boardman Store built in 1796.

The museum's store will also be open and the 2013 medallion featuring the Water Witch Hose Co. No. 2 parade carriage will be available for purchase.

Light refreshments will be served with no admission fee that day.

For more information, call the 6 Aspetuck Ave. museum at 860-354-3069 or visit www.nmhistorical.org.