Roxbury Land Trust recently received a Certificate of Merit in recognition of Historic Preservation Month from the Historic District Commission.

The award, presented May 20, honors the renovation of RLT’s 6 Mine Hill Road office, the former Henry Randall Store and Post Office (circa 1860), now a gateway to the Mine Hill Preserve.

Georgette Miller and Charles Raymond represented the Roxbury Historic District Commission.

President Brian Duda, Vice President Marc Olivieri and Development Director Susan Payne accepted the award for RLT.

Director Brian Neff and Lee Einbinder, treasurer, also played key roles in the renovation of the historic building.

The site at 6 Mine Hill Road lies at the base of Mine Hill.

RLT’s Mine Hill Preserve is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.