A fire Wednesday on North Street has left a Ridgefield family temporarily homeless. Ridgefield Fire Marshal David Lathrop said the cause of the fire at the Marshall Stark residence at 223 North St. was an electrical short in a wall outlet. The call came into the Ridgefield Fire Department at 5:15 p.m. Firefighters put the fire out, but not before heavy damage occurred in the second-floor bedroom where the fire started. Smoke and heat damaged the second floor, and there was some smoke damage on the first floor.