Man injured in New Milford fire is in fair condition in Bridgeport Hospital
NEW MILFORD -- A man injured in what appears to be an accidental fire started in a basement room of a house on Sullivan Road Thursday was listed in fair condition Friday at Bridgeport Hospital.
The Fire Marshal's Office on Friday reported that a fire was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the two-story colonial home of Yvon and Marisa Dumas. Upon arrival, firefighters and police found the male resident of the house, Ryan, in the yard with injuries he suffered in the fire.
The basement fire was extinguished within 15 minutes by firefighters from Waterwitch Hose. Co. No. 2, Northville and Gaylordsville departments.
Fire damage was confined to the one room in the basement with extensive smoke damage throughout the house, the Fire Marshal's Office reported.
The local Fire Marshal's Office, with assistance from the state Fire Marshal's Office, stated the fire appears to be accidental but a final ruling is not expected until after officials are able to speak with Ryan.