FD: Monroe condo fire contained to kitchen

Photo of Tara O'Neill

MONROE — A fire at a town condo unit over the weekend was contained to the kitchen, according to fire officials.

Monroe and Stepney fire departments responded with Stevenson Volunteer Fire Company units to Behren’s Terrace in the High Meadows condo complex for a report of an appliance fire Saturday night.

As fire crews were en route, the call was upgraded to a structure fire. But first arriving units were able to quickly contain the blaze to part of the kitchen, fire officials said.

There was no damage to the other five units in the condo building. Officials said there were no injuries.