A two-alarm fire Monday morning at New Milford Farms' composting facility caused heavy damage to two rooms in the packing building.

Brian Ohmen, the town's deputy fire marshal, said the fire was discovered by a worker at the Boardman Road business. The 911 call was received at approximately 7:10 a.m.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, possibly electrical, Mr. Ohmen said. It started in the southeast corner of the building, he said, and was not caused by human error. No one was injured in the fire.

-- Susan Tuz