BRIGEWATER - A New York man wanted in connection to violent home invasion last summer that left one resident with gunshot wounds and set off a region-wide manhunt will be making his way back to Connecticut soon, authorities said Thursday.

An official with the Orange County District Attorney’s office said Dustin Holst-Grubbe plead guilty in New York to a petit larceny charge on Jan. 4 for stealing a car last August in Millerton, N.Y., that police claim set off a crime spree ending with the home invasion.

Connecticut police have issued a warrant for Holst-Grubbe on a variety of charges, including assault with a deadly weapon for purportedly breaking into a home on South Main Street on Aug. 5. A Subura Forester that had been reported stolen from New York state hours earlier was found in the driveway.

Authorities said Holst-Grubbe held the homeowner in Bridgewater at gunpoint, demanding his keys before a struggle ensued. Victor P. Compe, the homeowner, was shot in the upper body with his own shotgun. His wife was asleep at the time, but woke up after hearing the blast.

Holst-Grubbe fled the scene after stealing a neighbor’s truck, authorities said, but he turned himself in to New York State Police hours after the incident.

Holst-Grubbe was sentenced to serve 30 days in prison on the New York larceny charge, but was given credit for time already served and completed his sentence on Jan. 6. During a court hearing on Jan. 9, Holst-Grubbe waived his right to an extradition hearing.

He is expected to be transferred to the state sometime in the next week to face the Connecticut charges.

dperrefort@newstimes.com