Three historic places in the Gaylordsville section of New Milford are open to the public.

There is no admission charge, but donations are welcome.

The Merwinsville Hotel at 1 Brown’s Forge will be open for tours Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through September.

Hosts and hostesses will be on hand to assist guests touring the hotel, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The Little Red Schoolhouse, which was built in 1740 and used until 1967, will be open Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through August.

The schoolhouse, which was restored by the town of New Milford in 1998, is on Gaylord Road.

Brown's Forge, located just beyond the Merwinsville Hotel, will be open to guests Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through August.

The forge, which was built in 1870, still has the original blacksmithing tools and a working forge.

Many of the items in the forge have been identified by Anika Berger.

The forge is owned by the Gaylordsville Historical Society.