Three historic places in the Gaylordsville section of New Milford are open to the public.

There is no admission charge, but donations are welcome.

The Merwinsville Hotel at 1 Brown’s Forge in Gaylordsville will be open for tours Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through August, except Aug. 20 due to a private event.

Hosts and hostesses will be on hand to assist guests touring the hotel, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The Little Red Schoolhouse, which was built in 1740 and used until 1967, will be open Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through August.

The schoolhouse, which was restored by the town of New Milford in 1998, is located on Gaylord Road.

Brown's Forge, located just beyond the Merwinsville Hotel, will be open to guests Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through August.

The forge, which was built in 1871, still has the original blacksmithing tools and working forges.