Three historic places in the Gaylordsville section of New Milford are open to the public.

There is no admission charge, but donations are welcome.

The Merwinsville Hotel in Gaylordsville will be open for tours Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through Sept. 29.

Attendees will have an opportunity to tour the multiple floors, including the wine cellar in the basement, a third-floor ballroom and Sascha Mauere paintings at the historic building on Brown's Forge Road.

The hotel was built by Sylvanus Merwin in 1843 as a meal and rest stop along the Housatonic Railroad line.

The hotel features an authentically furnished station waiting room and a museum of possessions from early Gaylordsville families.

The Little Red Schoolhouse, which was built in 1740 and used until 1967, will be open Sundays from 2 to 5 p.m. through Sept. 29.

The schoolhouse, which was restored by the town of New Milford in 1998, is located on Gaylord Road.

The town-owned building is used for meetings by the Gaylordsville Historical Society

Brown's Forge, located just beyond the Merwinsville Hotel on Brown's Forge Road, will be open Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through August.

The forge, which was built in 1870, still has the original blacksmithing tools and a working forge. It is now owned by the Gaylordsville Historical Society.