Espouse ways life without heroin would be better
Published 9:09 pm, Tuesday, May 26, 2015
To the Editor:
As students of New Milford adult education, we all have different stories, but we all share the same views about the increase of heroin use in New Milford.
We are proof your future depends on the choices you make in your teenage years.
To help you, the teenagers of New Milford, make good choices, we have compiled the following list.
Imagine a future without heroin. You'll be able to:
1) Save money.
2) Have more motivation to do things.
3) Forge better bonds among family and friends.
4) Not miss out on big events from lack of knowledge.
5) Not always be late to special events.
6) Feel independent, not dependent on anything but yourself.
7) Be awake and present in the moments that matter.
8) Stay healthy because you won't get sick randomly to the point where you can't move.
9) Maintain a healthy appetite.
10) Have a decent job and be able to keep it.
11) Show off your clean skin.
12) Not feel the need to rob from your family, friends, etc. to feel the need to support your habit.
13) Be more responsible with your everyday lifestyle.
Without this addiction standing in your way, you will see the relationships that you will be able to keep.
Having a good bond with family will help you to make the right choices in life.
Your future can be as bright as you want it to be. And, as Katrina Harrison once said, "You don't need heroin to be a hero."