A fund is set up for tax-free donations for the restoration of the Boardman Bridge in New Milford.

It is one of the first Berlin-constructed bridges to be listed on the National Registry for Historic Sites in 1976. The arched shape of its truss is from a design originated in Europe in the early 19th century. It is one of about 1,000 bridges of this type built by the Berlin company before 1900.

Donations should be sent to the Finance Department, New Milford Town Hall, 10 Main St, New Milford, CT 06776. Checks should be made to Old Boardman Bridge Restoration Account.