The New Milford Trust for Historic Preservation will present two preservation awards for 2013 Sunday at 1 p.m. at The Silo on Upland Road.

20 West Street, three Victorian buildings owned by Terrance Szymanski and his wife, Suzanne Fox, will receive a brass plaque for the carriage barn, which now houses West Street Power.

Szymanski restored

the structure using materials similar to its original construction.

47 Bridge Street, the building now housing the town's Parks & Recreation Department offices, will receive a brass plaque.

The 1935 building, constructed as a United States Post Office by the federal government, is one of a few structures remaining in the town from that period. Its exterior has been restored by the town to a period look.

­­-- Susan Tuz