Fire displaces Sherman family
Published 2:17 pm, Wednesday, January 21, 2015
The Jan. 9 fire at 15 Anderson Road in Sherman has displaced the family of Ged and Kathy Diemer.
The Diemers lost everything in the blaze.
Gift cards to buy household items are being collected at Mallory Town Hall for the family. To donate, call the first selectman's office at 860-355-1139.
An account has been set up at Webster Bank's Sherman office in the Diemers' name for donations: Webster Bank, 3 Connecticut 39, Sherman, CT 06784.
The Diemers are renting a house in Sherman.
The cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction, according to Sherman fire marshal Michael Crawford.
-- Susan Tuz