Three historic sites in Gaylordsville will soon be open for the summer.

Although the sites will be open in July, they will not be open on the Fourth of July, July 4.

-Browns' Forge, built in 1871, will be open Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. through August.

The forge, located on Brown's Forge Road, still has the original blacksmithing tools and a working forge.

-The Little Red Schoolhouse on Gaylord Road will be open Sundays from 2 to 5 p.m. through September.

The schoolhouse was built in 1740 and used until 1967. It was restored by the town of New Milford in 1998.

-The Merwinsville Hotel on Brown's Forge Road will be open Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. through September.

The hotel, which is the only remaining railroad hotel east of the Mississippi River, was built in 1843. It features an authentically furnished station waiting room, a vaulted ceiling ballroom, a museum of early Gaylordsville families, as well as a collection of photographs by the late Clarence Evans.

The hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

For more information, visit www.gaylordsville.org.